Monday, November 07, 2005

My history

I was suddenly put in mind of this piece of... poetry I wrote when I was younger. I haven't been writing poetry much recently... Mostly as I've not been able to reach the depth of emotion I felt back then. The Army really just feels surreal, and artificial most of the time. Anyway here's my old poem... Enjoy...
--------------------------------------------------------------
Irony of the world by SLJ

I love the situations God puts me in,
I laugh at the irony even as
I feel tears coursing down my cheeks,
My heart clenching into knots.

To be tormented, again and again, on earth,
While trying to be an angel.
To be praised and looked up to,
While not even trying.

I understand the busy ant-people,
I understand the rejection of the inferior,
I understand the importance of family,
I understand the unintentional hurts.

But it still hurts when she says,' I'm too busy'
'There's someone else I like',
'My Mom has a day off, I'm not free',
'I'm sorry, I forgot, I'm going out with my friends.'

To laugh or cry,
To be angry or sad,
To demand or just accept,
Is my question.

I only know,
I'm depressed,
As i'm impressed,
By the irony of it all.

No comments: