Sunday, January 09, 2005

Here comes

a doozie of a post. Hmm, i went to Helping Hand almost every weekday this week. Been Kinda fun and fulfilling to do something selfless I guess... Hmmm, managed to make friends with the 'manager' there and some of the uncles staying there. Just chit chat with them as I helped out in packing, labelling and moving the stuff that came in. Interesting to note the diversity of opinions and thought patterns of the different people there. Like the engineer uncle who was there only once but had a tendency to encourage my cousin and I at the oddest times and in the weirdest of ways, haha. Then another of the uncles who managed to sway me over to his cynical view of why the Singapore govt is being so generous and helpful in light of the Tsunami disaster. Hmm the different reactions of people was also interesting to note. Some were happy to help out(i.e me), others felt a sense of duty, a few were there due to coercion, etc etc. Only thing that made me irritated/disgruntled about the time is spent there is the items some people had the cheek to donate. USED underwear with stains on them, skirts with holes the size of a soccerball, a single shoe(not a pair), a comb, these are some the examples of items people donated. Rather appalling don't you think? Oh yeah another thing I noticed abt the clothes donated... I feel there should be a box labelled 'Unisex'. The sheer number of t-shirts and jeans donated is one thing. The best part would be the fact that all these shirts and jeans would've fit both men and women, posing a dilemma during sorting... Ended up throwing most them into the Men's boxes tho, Womens' boxes already outnumbered the mens' 3 to 1... Anyway for those interested in goin to the Helping Hand to help any day of the week, they open at 10am everyday and close around 8.30-9pm. They'll be opening the place for packing until february. It's located really near to Kovan Mrt Station, jus walk in the direction of the burgerking at Heartland mall from the Mrt station and continue until you see it.

Ok enuff said abt the Helping hand, recently found 2 old poems I wrote sometime back(actually most of my poetry is created due to failed songs, venting of emotion, on a whim and cos of a girl, sad i noe)(btw when i mean a girl is the same girl in all the poems haha, sadder still). Well here goes...

The Feeling
Did u ever get the feeling,
Of something not quite right?
Or that you might be preparing,
yourself for a fright?

That in the darkness an evil prowls,
Stalking, closing in inch by inch.
You tense ready to flinch,
Anticipating the sinister growl.

Or when u wake,
In the dead of the night,
Robbed of your sense of sight.
Feeling watched, you start to shake.

But give praise, give thanks
That you feel this in darkness,
Rejoice, that unlike the select few,
You do not feel this while basked in the light.

The girl(erm kinda obvious due to what lah)

I think of her everyday,
Just hopin one day she'd say.
The fateful words of magic,
That can change thy very self.

When she is alight I will be too,
When not I do my best to cheer her up.
I love the way she gives me a smile or two,
The way we talk like old friends, over a cup.

I pray to God we will be more than friends,
That at least we will continue as friends.
I don't know how to make the first move,
I leave all to Him, to help me prove.

Yup, Yup ok enuff of embarassing poems... Hmm what else is there... Oh yeah went to Jae's party, pretty cool, had loads of fun, tho i didn't drink much, didn't smoke, didn't dance, as usual... haha, had fun teaching this girl... Charmain aka sharnz? how to play taitee properly and mahjong... Dun think she got it tho, she was pretty far gone in alcohol land :P Yeah and also met two old acquaintances from ACS(I)... Oh and also one from VJC, Eunice, forgot to ask for her number again... Oh well, she seems to like Jaes, that's good I gues... Hmm ok i'm running out of things to say, so i'll stop here. To all my friends, take care yeah. God bless.

No comments: