Thursday, February 03, 2005

Need

I need the caress of my God this night,
I need the wings He gives to take flight.
I'm beaten by the lightning out of the clear blue,
Weighed down by the mountains of darkest hue.

I reach out only to be beaten back again,
It hurts so bad, hit, again, again.
How do I break from my quandary?
Or do the chains hold me back, solitary.

Music, just a temporary song,
Studying, a fruitless endeavour,
The tube, from reality sever,
Reading, wishing for a book a million pages long.

I need the ear of my soulmate,
The advice of my Lord,
A ticket past fate,
A treasure to hoard.

Sometimes I have everything I could ever want,
Sometimes I have nothing, except myself, to taunt.

Sometimes I smile,
At the beauty the Lord, lets me see.
Sometimes I smile,
With the mask to hide my plea.

I have need,
I have myself,
I have my problems,
I have my Lord,
Silent as He is.

My incommode is mine,
My sadness is mine,
My obligation is mine,
My life is My Lord's.

(it's incomplete, but i will stop here)

No comments: