Monday, April 04, 2005

Don't know what to feel

This is my first day, the first for months, I completely let my guard down. I rest awhile, just feeling tired. So I do what I haven't for months. I sit in front of a TV and just watch a show. I stopped doing that years ago, when i found music and books to occupy my time. But I just couldn't this night, so I sat and just absorbed the sights and sounds. An hour of 'Ray' and I feel absorbed into my own life. I start to do what I hate to do, yet is an intrinsic pasrt of me. I examine and analyze everything I know, everything I see. As the show progresses I see more, the more I don't want to anymore, yet I can't stop. In the second hour, like a movie parallel with life, my Father walks in. He starts playing a drum to the music from the show, a metaphor for how he's been. Always there, always essential, yet, just never really there. Then like the deja vu that emerges from my nightmare, my mom steps in. With 2 sentences, the climax I sense all night, crashes down. An inadvertent move on my part, showing I can't hear what she says, the music is too loud. My bewilderment as the door crashes, my Dad jumps out and starts swearing at her in confusion. I stand there, and I don't know what to do....

Don't know what to feel...Can someone explain to me why I feel sometimes... Like everything I do is wrong? That somehow I can do no right?... I hate this feeling, but I feel useless everyday...

(BTW, this account may sound like a lit. text, but that's just my nature whenever my thoughts are disjointed and I feel just... empty inside...)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

ack...

hope things will turn out for the better soon...
Aunt.