Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Day 2

of Uni and already I'm struggling... sigh... It's so difficult to go from a working adult to a full time student again. Especially when you're in a different country. the culture is different, cool and f- seems so overused here. The meanings have completely transformed in some cases. Body language here is also different, people here are really friendly, but they have a really guarded body language, as though they all wear a mask they don't want to drop. Ah well, I jus have to re-learn everything I guess.

So far, Uni is kinda stressful cos I've no friend which I've bonded with sufficiently to jus relax with. Everyday I'm evaluating my response, just because people here are different. Also, I feel as though I've been tossed off the deep end. I had a test on the first day which counts (2%) towards my final grade. The format of answering the math questions is also different. The christians here are also 3rd and 4th generation Christians, so unlike Singapore which has a lot of born again Christians, well... It's jus really different, their faith is more a theoretical one than one where God is beside them day by day. It's almost as though they've been told what to believe and they just believe it without experiencing it themselves. It's a completely new battleground from when I was struggling in my life or when I was in army.

Plus points so far though, is that I've managed to contact the Canadian version of campus crusade here, called Campus for Christ, and the facilitator seems like a really nice guys. He's a born again Christian, and wants to guide others to know what he knows. I want to do the same, but the balancing act hasn't really stabilised yet. Sigh, there're so many things to pray for. For aunt, for time, for the Christians in Canada, for my best friend, for my sis, for my parents, for my friends in similiar positions as mine overseas... The list is practically unending. Well, the good news for me is I don't need an air-con here haha, it's starting to get really cold. Hope I find the right clothing for the right weather haha. God bless to all yeah, will post more soon... I hope. :)

No comments: