Saturday, February 10, 2007

JUst wanted to say...

I have been thinking a lot, and... My way is still not clear. I have no idea what I am aiming for still... I have all my short term goals, and they're all pretty and nice all stacked up in a corner, but what do i want? Current short term goals are simple things like, do well in school, find and learn new things in a city where I know no one and nothing of, keep in contact with old friends, and do God's work, whatever it is.

I have no answer..., to anything. I mean I have some friends here now, I've found an apartment that will last me the next three years, and I have plans as to what I will be doing those three years. What is it for though? Money? Status? Recognition?, I don't know, I want to be satisfied with my life, I want to learn so much, I don't want to be confined to a single subject, I want to know more! I like the idea of psychology to see what makes poeople tick, I like physics cos through a series of calculations and formulas, you can predict how something would work, aerodynamics, trajectory, spatial dimensions. I like chemistry, and its links to biology, how something so small, can create a worldwide phenomenon, how acids react differently and why? Is it due to 'reactivity'? something created by nature, or is it physics in the ways it's molecules and electrons are made? I like how all science ties together and splits apart yet doing it's best not to clash with each other, sort of like a symphony for a choir, many voices one song. I like music also for this reason, how separate 'pretty' parts can be conjoined into a beautiful whole. I like political science, and how the world has created so many governmental systems to promote the equality of man, and do it in so many ways, a sort of evolution due to historic events as simple as a tea party. I like religion and how symbols and interpretations and miracles have shaped it. I like the moral stories and gospels that speak of simple things with immense implications. I like sports as well the teamwork involved and personalities involved, how many people with different attributes and different mindsets can act in collusion, can act together towards one goal, and the adrenaline rush. I like computers, how the binary code and what the future of quantum computers present, where other than 0 or 1 , you can have states in between. I even like small animals, most obviously dogs and cats, I want to know how to care for them, commnicate with them.

There are a dozen more things I like and want to know, how do I reconcile what I want to do with life, with what I can do? Life is fantastic, but what do I do with it?

No comments: