Tuesday, November 13, 2007

IQ Test

Hmm was thinking about the IQ test the other day as I recently did an online one. As a result I found out a few things, have no idea how true they are, but *gasp* there they are on the internet! Haha ok from what I have been able to find out, by definition the average world IQ is supposed to be 100 (though there is a popular book out there [IQ and the Wealth of Nations] which has calculated it to be 90). Also according to trends research, the human IQ is to average at 82 by 2100, thank God I won't be alive...

At the top of the list for average IQ is actually Hongkong, with a score of 107. Followed closely behind by South Korea with 106, then Japan 105, THEN Taiwan and Singapore are tied at a score of 104.

What sort of blew my mind was that the average IQ of Canadians are supposed to be 97, and the average IQ of Americans is 98. This was completely unexpected to me. I'd expected canada to be higher, especially as Waterloo Ontario was recently named the World's Top Intelligent Community 2007 http://www.intelligentwaterloo.com/en/index.shtml


Oh well, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones... Scoring 145 on the IQ test... I scored terrible for the Logic and Visual Memory parts though... Oh well... Can't win them all...

No comments: