Friday, March 02, 2007

Snow Day 2

Well, due to an internet error my previous post was lost in cyberspace. Oh well...

Well, I had a midterm that was supposed to be today, but as a result of the snow day, it has apparently been postphoned. Currently there is no news as to when it will be postphoned to. This is pretty good for me as I had a bad bout of insomnia again last night, went to bed at 2am only to wake up at 5am with no clue why. So i did a little studying, finished watching Army Daze on youtube and visited the blogs of a few friends. Then it hit me so hard when I visited an ex-classmate's blog. It showed them singing a medley of singapore songs, and my first big bout of homesickness hit me.

Waterloo just seems so big yet so restrictive at the same time. Being in a place that plainly dwarfs singapore yet not having the means to tranverse it, is a psychological challenge. In singapore I knew almost all the major roads, and it's so small you couldn't really get lost, and the freedom of having a car. It was just so comfortable there, where going to town, I would be able to come across 2 or 3 friends on a weekend.

I miss bball saturdays with Gene, Abner, Aaron, Tony, Ivan, Jes, Terry, and sometimes the other who join us like Shung and Jarrod , supper and nonsense with Joy, Ashley, Rachel, jamming with Dam and the youth worship team, discussion suppers with Lun(one of my best friends), midnight road trips with Hansel(another best friend, known both for over a decade), movie dates with Eunice, philosophical/theological/tech discussion with Izzy, singing with PS100, Small group meetings with Hon Yuh leading and even the small things like driving little aunt(van) home and talking with her, and random meals with Aunt and rarer one with I-shan and Jamie. I even miss playing DotA with the guys online and in LAN shops...

Sometimes, I wonder how I made so many friends there, especially when I have so many problems making friends with the people here. Is all because I have lived almost my whole life in Singapore? Seems the case yet, most of my good friends mentioned above I have only started meeting 5 to 6 years ago. Most of them are my church friends, people I've helped and people I love in a way I can't express. It's not that I don't have good and valuable friends here, friends like Cora, Meh meh(jess), Chris, and Allan. Yet, I feel restrained. I have no idea what I want. The relationsip i have with Cora and Chris feels more like a business relationship, Cora's somewhat deeper. Allan, it's hard cos it feels like he has bigger things to think about. Jess is the only friendly friend, but she's only one person...

Sigh, so many things I want done, so many things I need done, so few I have done. Well, happy snow day to me...

No comments: