Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Old poem ~ Irony of the world by S.L.J

I love the situations God puts me in,
I laugh at the irony even as,
I feel tears coursing down my cheeks,
With my heart clenching into knots.

To be tormented, again and again, on earth,
While trying to be an angel.
To be praised and looked up to to,
While not even trying.

I understand the busy ant-people,
I understand the rejecting of the inferior,
I understand the importance of family,
I understand the unintentional hurts.

But it still hurts when she says,' I'm too busy'
'There's someone else i like',
'My Mom has a day off, i'm not free',
'I'm sorry, i forgot, I'm going out with my friends.'

To laugh or cry,
To be angry or sad,
To demand or just accept,
Is my question.

I only know,
I'm depressed,
As i'm impressed,
By the irony of it all.

No comments: